New Directions Early Head Start
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all intakes, home visits, socializations, and parent workshops are virtual. Centers are open and operating at a reduced capacity. Please continue to check our homepage for updates.
- Elected group of parents and community members that share the responsibility for overseeing the delivery of services to families in New Directions Early Head Start.
- Council members have the authority and opportunity to participate in shared decision-making about the design and operation of the program.
- Represent families enrolled in NDEHS.
- Establish program policies.
- Identify goals and objectives for NDEHS.
- Review financial statements and explore program resources.
- Determine ways to solve any complaints about the program.
- Serve as a link to the parent committees.
- Foster positive community relationships.
- At least 51% of the members of the policy council must be parents of currently enrolled children enrolled in the program.
- Representatives from community organizations who share in the mission of New Directions Early Head Start and former parents make up the other members of the policy council.
- A one year commitment.
- Attend five policy council meetings per year.
- Attend trainings throughout the year on various issues related to the policy council.
- Participation on a policy council committee.