New Directions Early Head Start
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all intakes, home visits, socializations, and parent workshops are virtual. Centers are open and operating at a reduced capacity. Please continue to check our homepage for updates.
- Our relationship with children and families is the primary focus for all that happens in our program.
- Young children learn through daily routines.
- Infants actively pursue their own curricula, thus activities should respond to the child’s interests, abilities, and needs.
- Creating and maintaining a quality program is an ongoing journey.
We commit to serving families by:
- listening to understand;
- building on strengths;
- valuing individuals and their different perspectives; and
- advocating for infants and toddlers.
- encouraging open dialog;
- being flexible, adaptable, responsive and aware;
- supporting the professional growth and development of all team members;
- strengthening our core structure;
- conducting continuous community needs assessment;
- partnering and collaborating with communities and agencies; and
- supporting systems change.