New Directions Early Head Start
A1. Eligibility of a child for any Early Head Start program is based on the following:
- age of the child,
- family income level (click for “Poverty Guidelines and Determining Eligibility for Participation in Head Start Programs,”)
- and categorical eligibility such as foster care status, homelessness or family enrollment in a public assistance program.
A2. For the age of child, one of the following documents is required:
- Child’s birth certificate
- Hospital card
- Medicaid card
- Passport / visa
- Individual income tax form
- W-2 from all places of employment
- A letter documenting receipt of Public Assistance, Child Support or SSI
- Pay stubs
- Bank statements – documenting the direct deposit
- NDEHS – Zero Income Documentation completed by a family member providing support
A1. Home visitors meet you for the home visits at either your house or a public place such as library. For more information, please consult with your home visitor.
A2. You can still apply to our programs. Please click here to fill the referral form. You will be contacted as soon as possible. For more information regarding your housing issues, please consult with your home visitor.
A2. Documentation from the child’s physician must be given to the Child and Family Specialist detailing any allergies, and special medical conditions as soon as a diagnosis is made. A care plan must be developed outlining the procedures specified by the doctor for dealing with the allergies or medical condition.
A3. Unfortunately, NDEHS does not provide transportation to and from the centers.