Eligibility and Enrollment questions:
- What are the eligibility criteria of a child for any New Directions Early Head Start program?
Eligibility of a child for any Early Head Start program is based on the following:
- age of the child
- family income level (click for “Poverty Guidelines and Determining Eligibility for Participation in Head Start Programs”
- categorical eligibility such as foster care status, homelessness or family enrollment in a public assistance program.
- What are the required documentation for enrollment?
- Child’s birth certificate
- Hospital card
- Medicaid card
- Passport / visa
- Individual income tax form
- W-2 from all places of employment
- A letter documenting receipt of Public Assistance, Child Support or SSI
- Pay stubs
- Bank statements – documenting the direct deposit
- NDEHS – Zero Income Documentation completed by a family member providing support
Home-based program questions:
- Does home-visitor come to our house? Where do we meet?
- We live in the shelter temporarily. Does it mean that I can’t be in the program?
Center-based program questions:
- Where are your centers?
You can find the locations of NDEHS office and center-based programs in the link for NDEHS locations
- Can New Directions Early Head Start centers manage special dietary requests of my child(ren)?
Documentation from the child’s physician must be given to the Child and Family Specialist detailing any allergies, and special medical conditions as soon as a diagnosis is made. A care plan must be developed outlining the procedures specified by the doctor for dealing with the allergies or medical condition.
3. Is transportation available for my child to and from the child care center?